Small Team, Big Love & Support!
What's up fam!
Wait what the heck is Fernweh? 'Fernweh' is a magical German word that translates to "farsick", or the longing for far away places. 🛫🌎🏕 Basically someone suffering from extreme wanderlust. Poor adventurous soul.
Anyway. Fernweh Gear was founded in early 2018 by me, Chris Giordano, in beautiful Oregon, USA. I'm a goofy adventure photographer / videographer by trade. After creating prints and canvas for years I wanted a new way to connect with my audience and share my creations; so enter t-shirt printing! I've since branched out to other products and am working with graphic designer friends and independent designers locally and worldwide! :)
The Environmental Pledge
To dramatically reduce my brand's environmental impact products are created just for you when an order is placed. This process takes 3-7 business days (7-30 business days during the current pandemic. It's long, but the wait for this exclusive apparel is worth it.) but makes for a killer custom product with a dramatically lower impact on Earth! We are not trying to be wasteful fast fashion.
Furthermore, I'm a huge fan of embracing a Leave No Trace practice
for outdoor adventuring and I work to extend that into my company ethos. I strive to work with companies whom operate under similar passions and respects.
- Orders are processed digitally for minimal paper waste
- Sweatshop Free, Eco-Conscious Facilities:
- Most t-shirts are wonderful Bella+Canvas blanks cut & sewn in Central America in a solar powered facility that recycles its plastic, paper, and bottles and even upcycles excess fabric cuttings into stuffing, upholstery, bottles!
- Most t-shirts are dyed in Southern California under strict EPA regulations using environmentally friendly bluesign® certified dyes. 7x less water is used in the dyeing process vs. competitors thanks to highly efficient machinery and computers that reduce water usage. Excess water is recycled, filtered, & reused thereby also reducing bad water in our waterways! Excess dye is burned off at high temperatures in a self-contained environment to reduce pollution and reduce smoke stacks on the skylines!
- Apparel is printed in Southern California and North Carolina with the highest quality Kornit and Brothers printers using amazing inks that are water based, solvent free, and are Earth friendly. Better for the planet and it makes for a super soft graphic print! (COVID-19 / May 2020 Update: Some all-over-print (AOP) products are temporarily being fulfilled by sister print facilities in Mexico/Europe and will be shipped separately from other products in orders.)
With all that said, I hope you enjoy what you see and wear. I truly appreciate every order, and every follow, like, comment, @tag, #hashtag, Pin, or share that comes from you all out there!
See you on the trails! 🥾