Small Team, Big Love & Support!
We make adventure inspired apparel and goods infused with positivity and the spirit of the fernweh journey.
'Fernweh' is extreme wanderlust. A magical German word that when translated to English essentially means 'farsick'! That craving you get for adventure, exploration, a deep love for travel both near and far. The opposite of homesick!
Fernweh Gear was founded early 2018 by Chris Giordano in beautiful Oregon, USA. Chris is an adventure photographer / videographer by trade with a love for nature, travel, and culture. In looking for new ways to connect with his audience and share his work he began printing his art on t-shirts. Thus Fernweh Gear adventure apparel brand was born!
What defines us comes from everyone that wears and supports us: a diverse community of passionate, experience craving, outdoor adventure travelers whom are either currently adventuring or planning the next one. You know, always finding a way to shake our fernweh feelings!
Our Environmental Pledge
At least 1 TREE PLANTED for each product sold!
We work with One Tree Planted to ensure that a tree is planted for product purchased! OTP is an incredible non-profit that has teams researching and working locally in Oregon and California and a worldwide presence with planting efforts in Latin America, Asia, and Africa.
Earth's forests hold such a special place in our hearts here at Fernweh Gear as we've personally seen destruction due to fires - both natural and arson, as well as through clear-cutting as civilization expands outwards. We invite you to help us directly contribute to critical reforestation efforts and rebuilding our natural resources and wildlife habitats for future generations of Earth creatures to continue playing in.
Earth-Friendly Manufacturing & Printing
We strive to embody the Leave No Trace lifestyle in our outdoor adventures, we also seek to operate similarly as a company. We want to feel good about what we sell and surely you want to feel good about what you purchase and support. Making awesome outdoor adventure inspired products doesn't work if it destroys our Earth and places we adventure in! Therefore we also strive to work with manufacturers whom operate under similar passions and respects.
- Orders are processed digitally (minimal paper waste!)
- Sweatshop Free, Eco-Conscious Facilities:
- Most shirt blanks are cut & sewn in Central America in a Solar Powered facility that recycles its plastic, paper, and bottles and upcycles excess fabric cuttings into stuffing, upholstery, bottles!
- Most shirts are dyed in Southern California under strict EPA regulations using guaranteed environmentally friendly bluesign® certified dyes. 7x less water is used in the dyeing process vs. competitors thanks to highly efficient machinery and computers that reduce water usage. Excess water is recycled, filtered, & reused thereby reducing nasty water in our waterways! Excess dye is burned off at high temperatures in a self-contained environment to reduce pollution and smoke stacks on the skylines!
- Apparel is printed in Southern California and North Carolina with the highest quality Kornit and Brothers printers using water-based environmentally friendly inks. Better for the planet and it makes for a super soft graphic print!
We truly appreciate every order, and every follow, like, comment, @tag, #hashtag, Pin, or share that comes from you all out there!