Why Fernweh Gear?
Small Team, Big Love & Support!
Fernweh Gear is a small team of adventurers in beautiful Oregon, USA where so many endeavors take place and designs are inspired by!
We create & ship products to you worldwide from California or North Carolina, USA.
For your online shopping peace of mind, we offer a 30-Day Money Back Satisfaction Guarantee :) Details on our Return Policy page.
Our Environmental Pledge
1 TREE PLANTED for every single product sold!
Your purchases help to keep the wilds, wild! We've partnered up with the amazing people of One Tree Planted to ensure that for every product we sell, at least one tree is planted. Purchases are totaled at the end of each month, and a corresponding donation is made to One Tree Planted! This incredible non-profit has teams researching and working locally in Oregon and California, but also has a worldwide presence with planting efforts in Latin America, Asia, and Africa. If there is an area devastated by tree loss, you can bet they'll get trees in the ground.
Earth's forests hold such a special place in our heart, and we've seen enough destruction due to fires; both natural and arson, and through clear-cutting as civilization expands outwards. Your Fernweh Gear purchases directly contribute to rebuilding our natural resources!
We are so thankful for your support!
Earth-Friendly Manufacturing & Printing
Just as much as we try to embody the Leave No Trace lifestyle in our outdoor adventures, we also seek to operate similarly as a company. We want to feel good about what we sell, and surely you want to feel good about what you buy, wear, and support! We work hard to provide the coolest & highest quality products for you, but not at the cost of hurting the Earth and places we adventure in! We strive to work with manufacturers whom operate under similar passions and respects. Even little things like LED motion lights in facilities tickle our fancy :)
- Orders processed digitally (minimal paper waste!)
- 100% Sweatshop Free, Eco-Conscious Facilities:
- Most T-Shirts are cut & sewn in Central America in a ☀️Solar Powered ☀️facility that recycles everything it can. Plastic, paper, and bottles are sorted, and excess fabric cuttings are picked up and recycled into stuffing, upholstery, bottles, and more!
- Most T-Shirts are dyed in Southern California under the strictest of EPA regulations using bluesign® Certified dyes which are guaranteed environmentally friendly. Also, 7x less water is used in the dyeing process vs. competitors thanks to highly efficient machinery and computers that reduce water usage, followed by recycling, filtering, & reusing that same water on the back end! That means no nasty water in our waterways! Plus, excess dye is burned off at high temps in a self-contained environment so there's no pollution or smoke stacks.
- All Apparel printed in Southern California and North Carolina with the highest quality Kornit and Brothers printers using water-based environmentally friendly inks. Better for the planet and it makes for a super soft graphic print!